24 November 2013

life and things

 photo IMG_0794_zpsd417d5c9.jpg

Things have been a whole lot of busy lately, but in the best way possible. Senior year is in full swing and I'm somehow managing to handle school, work, sleep, and a social life all at the same time without feeling too stressed out. I'm not too sure how, but why question something good?

I've been meaning to write a post for awhile now. Blogging is just so different to me now than it used to be, and honestly, it's just not so important anymore. I don't photograph like I used to either. My camera rarely gets taken out of it's bag and oftentimes I go weeks, maybe even months, without picking it up. And I'm okay with that. Things are busy, and I'm experiencing it all first-hand, without the distraction of a camera between me and the world.

I'm going to Seattle next week, and Austria next month, both as last minute decisions. How grateful I am to be able to make such incredible last minute decisions! My mom is changing careers in the spring which won't allow us to travel so freely and cheaply anymore, so I'm trying to take advantage of her perks as much as possible before they end.

Life is weird. One of my really good friends got into a car accident on Friday night. She was on her own and hit some black ice and it just got really ugly from there. Her truck rolled over three times and landed upside down. Thankfully, despite of this, she walked away from the crash with nothing but cuts and bruises. Things like this always make you stop and think for a second, and help you to appreciate all that you have -- your friends, your family, your health. It's scary to think how quickly your life could turn upside down.

But life is cool. And I'm really loving it. I know I sound like a broken record, but these days, I'm gonna miss them when they're gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment