19 July 2014

summer back home

 photo 1_zps7d8a33d7.jpg  photo 2_zps94c4f358.jpg  photo 4_zps42df97f3.jpg  photo 5_zpsd5ada4d4.jpg

I guess I sort of forgot to mention it on here, but after graduation, I moved to Vancouver where I joined my family who had been living there since the beginning of June. I've missed my hometown and all of my friends like nothing else, so last week, I made the trek back home for eight glorious days of friends, family, sunshine, and blue skies, and it could not have been better.

Since I only had a limited amount of time, and so many things I wanted to do and people I wanted to see, my days were full and busy, in the best way possible.

From skinny dipping in the middle of the night to just sitting and talking for hours on end, to Starbucks dates and lake days, to swimming in the river, from family barbecues and birthday celebrations, to sleepovers and walks around town, these past eight days have been the epitome of summer. There hasn't been a single night that I've gone to bed feeling anything less than completely fulfilled, and that's a dang good feeling.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings. Tomorrow, well technically later today, I guess, I'm off to Dublin (!!!), and August is full of friends and adventure, so I have a pretty good feeling about it.

My heart is full.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i love hearing about your adventures.
    there is no doubt that when you look back on these years, you will be able to say "i have lived a full life."

    ReplyDelete