31 December 2017

a year in review {two thousand seventeen}


Well, here we are at the end of another year that seems to have passed by entirely way too quickly. The older I get, the more I recognize how fast life is flying by, but there's nothing like the beginning of a new year to really let it sink in.

After a rough and problematic 2016, I had high hopes that this year would be kind to me, and it most certainly was. Not to say that it didn't come with it's own set of battles and challenges, as every year does, but I'm not anxiously wishing this year away like I was the last, and that feels good. 

Some highlights include that week in February when we got a huge dumping of snow, welcoming sweet baby Addy into the family, growing my first garden, camping on Salt Spring and in Tofino with the girls, opening my etsy shop, summer trips to Vancouver, a short road trip to Seattle with Tanner, a trip to Vegas and Big Bear Lake with my momma in August, quitting my call centre job and starting nannying again, and so much time with loved ones. Not to mention that my mental health has been the best it has been in years, which I am so grateful for that I can hardly try to explain what that means to me. 

I have big plans and high hopes for 2018. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out! 

Happy New Year, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment