04 November 2011

how time flies!

 I took a trip through memory lane last Friday night by going back to my first post, and reading all the way up until my last post. Having all of these memories safely tucked away in one place is truly incredible, and I can only imagine the happiness I'll feel while reading them when I'm 34 and have been blogging for 20 years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After about an hour of reading I came across this post and almost instantly had tears welling up in my eyes. Wasn't it just a couple of days ago that I was counting down the days to summer vacation? 65, 64, 63, 62, 61... I remember mentally crossing each day off of the calendar and getting so excited when there was only one month left.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now it's November 4th. We've been back in school for nearly two months, and I'm almost positive that Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, and Summer 2012 will all be over before we know it, and that saddens me.

I want time to slow down, and I want each and every day to mean something. So please, let's stop the clock and relax. I'm in no rush!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. echoing my thoughts! time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I just wrote my 900th post... time most definitely flies! But I am so proud of how far I've come in the 3 years I've been blogging :) And I completely agree... Looking back and reading my posts {no matter how immature they'll seem!} will be such a huge blessing! Journals may decay, but my blog will always be here!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dog is so adorable! great photos :)

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost made me cry! I'm so sad its already November! Soon we will be graduating and on our own its almost heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete