08 September 2013

things i'm afraid of, things i'm looking forward to

So I started my very last year of high school last week. Uh, what?! I feel like I say this way too often, but really, where has the time gone? 

Things I'm afraid of:
Losing friendships after we're no longer forced into the same hallways and classrooms five days a week.
Feeling lost.
For once, not knowing where I'll be a year from now. 
Not becoming the person I'd like to be. 

Things I'm looking forward to: 
Graduation.
Finally seeing all of my hard work pay off.
Prom. 
More grad campouts. 
The freedom to come and go as I please and not having to worry about school.
A five week trip all around Europe next summer with three of my favourite school friends. 
Creating a life that doesn't revolve around school. 
The possibility that I can be anywhere a year from now. 

Oh, life. It'll be good. I know it will, but it's hard not to be afraid of the things I can't control. 

3 comments:

  1. mmhmm - not knowing where i'll be a year from now - my biggest fear too. but the things to look forward to are so much better than the fears, so it's exciting!! :)
    also, your Europe trip sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll figure it out hope, and it will be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Europe? I hope you're coming to England! (to Cambridge!)
    I have a lot of fears about the end of yr 11 too, but I know we can both get through this year!

    ReplyDelete