25 March 2015

i don't have it that hard

There are times in my life where it has become abundantly clear that I don't have it that hard. What I mean by this, is that I live a pretty good life. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food in my fridge. I know what it feels like to love and be loved, and I have the courage and opportunity to live my life as I wish.


Sometimes I'll sit down to budget my pay-cheques and start to stress because there never seems to be enough money. But then I think for a second, and no matter how hard I stress or how little I think I have, there's always more than enough in the end. While yes, I do have more financial responsibility now that I'm growing up, there's still plenty of room for me to put money towards the things I would like to put my money towards, rather than things I have to, and that's something I take for granted way too often. 

There have been so many times I've walked into work feeling down about having to work for the fifth day in a row, but all it takes is a small shift in perspective and the reminder of how badly I wished for a job just a few months ago to realize how lucky I am to even have a job at all. 

So often we overlook the good in our lives, so quickly we take things for granted. 

I'm learning more about life now than I ever have before. I'm learning that I don't have it so hard after all, and I'm grateful for that realization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment