22 December 2011

confessions

1. I don’t know where it came from, or why I feel this way, but I feel like me and life share a secret. I feel like life is all about understanding. As long as you understand, you’ll be able to get through anything.

2. My life isn’t all lollipops and rainbows. Sometimes I feel like people think it is because I almost always have a smile on my face. That smile is there simply because being upset bothers me. For the majority of the time I’m a happy person. 

3. I am strong. People under-estimate my capabilities because I cry very easily. Crying helps me clear my head and helps me cope. It isn't me being weak, it’s me trying to find strength.

4. I love to make people laugh. I love to spread joy, happiness, and love. I love to make people feel loved and accepted. 

5. One of my greatest goals is to inspire someone. I am so often inspired by other people’s stories, photographs, or words, and hope that I’ll be able to inspire someone in return. 

6. My dad was an alcoholic and it affects me more than I let people know. Because of it, he was never a huge part of my life, and to be honest, growing up without a dad sucks. That’s all there is to it.

7. I love my family. We’re psycho, loud, obnoxious, and crazy. We fight a lot, and we have more problems than you can count on two hands. But we are all very close, and we know how to love.

8. I am 100% comfortable with who I am as an individual. Sometimes I get self-conscious of my body and my looks, but I am proud of who I am. 

9. The only person I judge by appearance is myself.

10. Photography is a big part of who I am. It’s a way to express myself, and it’s refreshing to finally have something I am good at. 

11. I can be really smart if I try. 

12. I like hanging out and talking with adults more than people my own age. I sometimes feel as if I’m an adult myself. With that being said, I also often enjoy being an immature teenager.

13. I wish people would have more respect for themselves. Girls shouldn't feel the need to disrespect themselves to feel loved. “If you can’t handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."


14. I believe that if someone compliments you, you need to accept it. If I call you beautiful and you say “yeah right”, I most likely won’t do it again.


15. I believe that respecting your elders is key. Most teenagers these days have lost respect, and it bothers me to see how some of them treat their parents, teachers, or other elders.


16. It terrifies me how fast I’m growing up. I mean, in less than three years I’ll be finishing high school. It astounds me how quickly time flies. 


17. I have several people in my family who struggle with addiction, and due to it, I have never, and will never drink, do drugs, or smoke. Life is too precious to waste.


18. I had no idea that my teenage years would be so full of emotion.


19. I feel accepted in my group of friends. I don’t feel like an outsider, and for that, I love them.


20. It doesn't matter what race, gender, sexuality, or religion you are. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Simple as that. 


21. Proper grammar makes me happy.


22. Sometimes I’m glad that I’m not the prettiest or most popular girl in my school. It just proves to me that people like me for who I really am.


23. I’m a dreamer. When I graduate, I hope to travel around Europe.


24. I feel like I can do anything. I want to make a difference in this world, and I feel that I am capable of doing it. Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I'm just strong-willed.


25. It rarely affects me when people call me names, tease me, or are rude to me. I will not stoop to their level.


26. I'm obsessed with way to many internet sites. Facebook, Hotmail, Blogger, Flickr, Tumblr, Twitter, & Pinterest are all visited several times a day.


27. My life is confusing. Maybe I'll share my story some day.


28. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason. Believing in this has helped me get through so many of my struggles.


29. I wear my heart on my sleeve. What you see is what you get.


30. I love life. I simply love it.
xoxo - hope

3 comments:

  1. Great list Hope! I'm the same way with many of these points, so I feel for you. (: Keep being beautiful. <3
    //
    blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up. I cry a lot, but like you, it strengthens me. I cry, and then I move on and I change the situation.
    And I am impressed with your maturity.

    ReplyDelete