02 December 2011

i miss you

My grandma told me something tonight that brought tears to my eyes, and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. She told me;

"Your grandpa always told me you were going to be special." 

The thing is, my grandpa passed away when I was eight years old, and although the memories I do have of him are wonderful, special, and meaningful, there aren't a ton, because after all, I only knew him for eight short years.

My grandpa was a kind, loyal man with a big heart, and a love for chocolate chip cookies. He was good to his wife, good to his kids, and I don't remember him ever raising his voice at his us, his grandchildren.

He was patient, smart, had a nice smile, and always had a twinkle in his eye, and it literally pains me that I didn't get to know him as well as I should have. It pains me that he doesn't get to see me grow up, and it pains me that he was taken from us at the young age of 58 due to the viscous and awful disease called cancer. 

I miss and love you so very much grandpa. I hope I've made you proud.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo - hope

3 comments:

  1. This made me all teary. I think he would be so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he'd be very proud of you, Hope.

    ReplyDelete