21 August 2013

thoughts on summer

 photo IMG_0237_zps5661ea98.jpg  photo IMG_0244_zps89f3a2df.jpg

So school starts exactly two weeks from now. And I had my last shift this afternoon before I have the rest of the summer off. And I leave for California tomorrow! 

Honestly, this summer hasn't been what I expected it to be at all. I was expecting long days in the sun, sleepovers with friends, trips to the beach, and a bucket load of adventures and memories to last me through the school year, but in reality, all I really got was 30-40 hour weeks at work and not much time to do anything else but sleep and eat.

But! I still have hope. I have exactly two weeks of freedom and two weeks to have the summer I was dreaming of. These next two weeks will be good. I'm determined to make them good.

1 comment: