23 February 2014

this time is good

I think I've forgotten how to blog. I have been doing so much in the past couple of months and I haven't talked about any of it. It's weird, really. For the first time in a long time, I'm living rather than just existing. Like, really living. I'm always out and spending time with friends, always up to something, but it's just life. And how do you write about the simple things in life? How do you write about the things that have just become the new normal?
 
Winter has come. We had our first real snow of the season just a couple of weeks ago, and since reading and snow go hand in hand, I've been spending a lot of time with my nose in a book. My school looks so beautiful in the winter. Every season brings a new sense of finality with it. "This is my last _____ here," has gone through my head many, many times this school year.

 photo 1_zps4969e2b9.jpg  photo 2_zpsc6376650.jpg
 
At the beginning of the month, a couple of friends and I made our way to Vancouver for the Imagine Dragons concert and some adventuring around Vancouver. The concert was incredible, and I'll never complain about being in the city. 

 photo 3_zps84032bf2.jpg  photo 4_zps43c295c1.jpg
 
Valentine's day came and went. Just like we did for Halloween and Christmas, we spent our spare block one afternoon decorating the grade twelve hallway. Hearts, hearts, and more hearts. I felt a whole lot of love this year.  

 photo 5_zps8e715212.jpg
 
Timmies, Starbucks, and Serious Coffee dates have been quite a thing lately, too. I don't think I'll ever not want to spend time with friends over a warm cup of tea.
 
 photo 8_zps6b22cd78.jpg
 
It snowed for at least 48 hours straight this weekend, and we got the most snow we've had in years. Needless to say, there was a little snow adventuring to be had. . 
 
 photo 6_zps7c7f9ec1.jpg
 photo 7_zpse63b72ae.jpg

And that brings us to now, lots of fun to be had and living to be done. This life is good, this time is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment