25 February 2012

DIY: heart garland

I've seen a ton of these cute little heart garlands around the web lately and decided it was high time for me to make one for myself! I was mainly inspired by this post, but still managed to put my own creative twist into it!

What You'll Need:

Photobucket

Old Book Pages
Construction Paper
Scissors
Needle & Thread

Instructions: 

1. Cut out several small to medium paper hearts out of the construction paper and old book pages. 

Photobucket

2. Use the needle and thread to thread all of the hearts together. I basically just put the needle through the bottom of one side of the heart and brought it up through the other side.

Photobucket

It should look a little something like this once you've threaded some of the hearts together;

Photobucket

Basically, that's all you need to do! Just keep threading the hearts together until you've got a row long enough for your taste! I ended up doing two different garlands then pinned them together in the center. This is what mine turned out like;

(bad picture, but you get the idea)

They're super cute and super easy to make, so give it a try and let me know once you do so I can see your results! :)

xoxo - hope

6 comments:

  1. that looks amazing! I'd love to try it for my room - there's a lot of empty wall space that I've been trying to fill up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the cutest one I've seen! :) I might need to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about this type of garland! I agree with Olivia- this is the cutest one I've seen so far. The book pages make it even awesome-er. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used newspaper in this :)
    xoxo//simi

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love making stuff out of old books! they are so fun to mess with! that garland is so cute.. i love it:)

    you want to follow my blog?

    becausehediedandlives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete