25 November 2012

just me and the stars

Photobucket

I'm writing from the deck tonight, pen and paper style. I don't know the exact temperature right now, but it's freezing out here. I come out here from time to time when the heat of the house starts to make me feel claustrophobic. There's just something about breathing in the chilly near-winter air and sitting in the quiet without the hum of electronics distracting me. It's just me and the stars.

I've been meaning to write a post for a couple of days now, but I'm having trouble expressing the gratitude and contentment that I've been feeling this week. I'm in such a good place in my life right now and I can't think of a single complaint. As much as I look back on the past and forward to the future, I'm loving the present as well. It's easy to get caught up with the stresses of school around this time of year, but it's the little things like laughing with friends or long-lasting hugs that make all the difference.

Life is so, so good. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. A lot. It's comforting and emotional, and I love that. And that last sentence is such a good reminder! Definitely needed that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great reminder, Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life IS good :) love this post, hope. so touching.

    ReplyDelete