11 July 2011

vacationing


It feels so so so good to be home, and although I wasn't missing from blogland completely, I missed you guys a whole lot! As most of you know I've been vacationing in the Calgary, Alberta area for the past 10 days. I was there with my friend Madi to visit her family and to go to the Calgary Stampede!

I didn't take a huge amount of pictures because Alberta is very much like BC (minus the mountains & ocean), but I thought I'd share some of the pictures that I did take! :) 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Most of our time there was spent hanging out around town, shopping, and generally just relaxing. The real excitement was on July 8th when we went to the Calgary Stampede Parade & the Calgary Stampede itself! :) Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my camera, so Madi kindly lent me her old Canon point and shoot. All of the pictures below were taken with that! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Rick Hansen)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prince William & Kate Middleton were also "in" the parade, but unfortunately, I missed them. I say "in" because they weren't really even a part of the parade. They whizzed by in a limo with the window barely open about twenty minutes before the parade even started.

I'm actually working on a video of our entire trip, which will be posted soon, but I just had to include this short little clip.

Sorry for the poor quality!

At the time that all these soldiers were walking by, some guy yelled out "SO PROUD TO BE CANADIAN!", and the crowd literally burst into applaud & cheers. It was such a beautiful moment that I actually had tears in my eyes! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes- I did go on that! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, that was pretty much my trip! :) I'm really excited to be back to posting regularly and have some great ideas for future posts!

What were you up to while I was gone?

-Hope

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that picture of you on the swings! I'm always afraid to take my camera with me, but maybe this time I will!!! :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you documented your trip! Love the photos also!

    ReplyDelete