19 March 2012

film

It's strange that now, in a world so crowded with fancy new electronic gadgets we find all things vintage so entertaining. Vintage clothing, vintage typewriters, vintage bowls, cutlery, pictures, rugs, pianos, telephones, and the most interesting I think, is vintage cameras.

I was given an Olympus OM-1 film SLR a couple of weeks ago. It was originally my grandpas, but when he passed away it was given to my uncle, who then gave it to me. I was obviously thrilled, because A- although I have a grand total of thirteen vintage cameras, not a single one of them work, B- it wasn't just the camera itself, but also 3 other lenses, a flash, some filters, a remote, and several different little things that I have no idea how to use, and C- it belonged to my grandpa who is no longer with us.

I'm pretty happy with how some of the pictures turned out, but I'm still learning how to use this thing. I did buy the cheapest film just to test it out, so next time we'll probably get a little better quality, but I kinda like the grain because it adds to the whole film ordeal. Check it out;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have you ever tried film? 

xoxo - hope

5 comments:

  1. Yayayayay! I've been waiting for this post :) These are amazing! I think the one with the reflection of the tree is my favorite. We use black & white film for photo class at school, but I'm hoping to get some color prints developed soon :)
    seriously, this was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous over here! :) I've always wanted a film camera. That's so cool that you got one that works and has lenses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are soo cool!! :) I think it would be really fun to try flim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the very top picture of the mountain. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore film! There's something so raw and real about it. I haven't been able to use it in a few years though. I should really get back into it!

    ReplyDelete