21 March 2012

ten years from now

Dear Future Self, 

If you held off reading this for ten years like you promised yourself, that would mean that you are twenty-five. A quarter of a century. Wow, just thinking about it makes me want to cry, because at fifteen you were (and maybe still are) a crybaby and didn't want to grow up. Maybe you haven't. Maybe you're still living at home and working at the nearest grocery store, but I'm hoping that your life goes at least somewhat like you planned, which would leave you married, hopefully with a few children. But maybe things are different, maybe your engaged, or maybe even single. Maybe you have a child, or two, one on the way, or none. Maybe you went to college after all and have started your own childcare center, or maybe you decided that after a year off, you would take some more time to figure out what you want to do, and that's just fine. 

I hope you still write on this blog of yours, but maybe life got in the way. I hope you are still head over heels in love with photography and have learned more than you ever expected. I hope you have traveled as much as you planned, and I hope that you took thousands of pictures of said trips and documented them well. I hope you're still close with the friends you had in high school, and I hope you have stayed in touch with them since you have known them since fifth grade. I hope you have met one of your blogger friends in person, and I hope that the blogging conference that all the bloggers talk about will happen. Basically, I hope you're happy. After all, that's all that really matters. 

Whatever happens, I hope you stay yourself. I hope that you cherish your family, and enjoy everything life has to offer.

Sincerely,

Your Past Self

xoxo - hope

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Hope. Almost exactly where I want to be as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. let's have a blogging conference :) this is beautiful! I wrote a letter to my senior self when I was a freshman and I honestly can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete